November 7, 2015

Maybelline - Color Sensational Matte in Red Sunset

Matte lipsticks have been the biggest trend in lipstick land, the last couple of years. I love matte lipsticks but on a budget, they can be a bit tricky to find. I was pleasantly surprised once I spotted the Maybelline Color Sensational Matte lipsticks and decided to try them out.

The Color Senational Matte lipsticks can be found among the regular Color Sensational lipsticks, but with a matte dark grey packaging they definitely stand out against the other colorful Color Sensational lipsticks. The first thing I noticed was the limited shade selection; Only 4 of the 20 shades available in the US are sold in the Netherlands. After debating for quite a while I decided to go for 960, Red Sunset.

The first things I noticed when I swatched the lipstick was the creaminess and smoothens of the lipstick. It glides over your lips and it does not make my lips to dry, which is often a side effect of matte lipsticks. I was a bit concerned about the staying power because of the creaminess of the lipstick, but the lipsticks for sure survives a light snack and stays on for about 3 hours. The pigmentation is also good, one layer would suffice but two layers give your lips that pop of color effect.  

I went for 960 Red sunset, which is a pinky red and bright shade. The color also reminds me a lot of the  lipstick colors in many high end Christmas collections for this year, so it might be a good dupe. It looks as if the lipstick is not completely matte on the pictures but the lipstick is complete matte within a couple of minutes.

I am very happy with the Maybelline Color Sensational Matte lipstick in Red Sunset. I do wish that they would expand the available range in The Netherlands, by adding some more neutral, everyday shades.

What is your favorite matte lipstick?

xxx

6 comments: