January 5, 2016

52 Week Money Challenge!


Saving money as a student or an intern can be a challenge because often there is more money going out of your savings account than there is actually going into your savings account. That's why one of my January goals was to start the 52 week money challenge and today I am telling you more about this challenge.
The 52 week money challenge has been around for a while but never really caught my attention. The idea is pretty simple every week you deposit an amount into your savings account that corresponds with the week number, which means that in week 1 you only have to deposit 1 euro but in week 52 you have to deposit 52 euro. If you stick to the challenge you will have saved 1378 euro by the end of the year.

I am really excited to start the challenge because I am a big travel addict and plan on using the money I saved on a nice vacation. But I have to admit that I am also a bit worried. During the first 3 months the amounts are relatively small so I don't think I will miss the money that much but in the last month you have to put 202 euro into your savings account, which is a whole other story. I finish my internship in August and want to officially start my career afterwards so hopefully I can find a nice job, which would make a 202 euro deposit a lot easier. 

I am going to print the schedule so that I can keep track of my progress. If you want to join me with this challenge you can also print out the schedule and let's keep each other updated.

Have you ever done this challenge? And will you join me with this challenge?

xxx

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you I am really curious if I can stick with the challenge :)

      Delete
  2. Gave challenge, maar zat toch te denken: de laatste paar maanden ben je wel extra duur uit met sparen, terwijl dat al de duurste maanden van het jaar zijn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ja dat realiseerde ik me ook al! dus hopen dat ik tegen die tijd een leuke baan kan vinden en wat meer kan sparen dan nu ik stage loop :)

      Delete
  3. Goed idee! Weet niet of ik het vol zou kunnen houden haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha dat weet ik zelf ook nog niet, we zullen zien hoe lang ik het volhoudt :)

      Delete